Monday, February 20, 2012

Sneak Attack

I get an evil type of joy from sneaking healthy food into my children's growning bodies. I've posted about sneaking spinach into smoothies before, but I couldn't help sharing again. Today I even snuck in some tofu! There is no recipe here. I'll just tell you what I put in this monster. It was based soley on what I had on hand. One banana, some frozen peaches, frozen blueberries, roughly a quarter of the package of tofu (the softest kind), a handful of spinach, and a tablespoon of ground flax. I used apple juice to thin it, until it was the consistency I liked. You could use milk too.

 I forgot to snap a photo of it blended, it was just so darn good we drank it all up before I thought of it. I will apologize for the above photo however. I am just way too lazy to break out the nice camera these days. It's so much easier to snap it on my phone and email it to myself. And I won't apologize for apologizing for my photo! I once read a blog post where the poster advised bloggers not to apologize to their readers. Perhaps she thought it brought unnecessary attention to the bloggers guilt. Well guess what? I'm posting this crappy picture, which does this post no justice whatsoever, and I'm gonna apologize for it! So there!

P.S. I'm sorry for my spelling and grammer errors too. I can bake a decent cake, but I never claimed to be a good speller, dam it!
signature2

2 comments:

Kim with a K said...

A picture is worth a 1000 words...even from your phone camera! I appreciate your pictures and your spelling mistakes....why you seem almost human!!! lol!
...I'm still "dreaming" of making your croutons!

Sue said...

Makes you feel good when you know thay are getting such healthy ingredients in a yummy smoothie. I once put a whole can of mashed garbanzo beans in a fudge recipe...not as healthy, but better than nothing:)