Sunday, January 16, 2011

Our Weekend Round-Up {Personal Reflection}

Wow, it was a beautiful January weekend here, 80 degrees! To recap, Friday night we took the kids out to dinner since we couldn't get a babysitter, they had to tag along on our date night. Friday night while hubby and I were watching TV he saw that there was a baseball expo in town. Hello, we are a Super Baseball Family, so Saturday morning-ish we headed out. I thought they might have a chance to get some autographs, so really quick before we left I made them autograph books. I took a stack of blue index cards, punched one hole in the top corner and attached them with a metal fastener. I wrote "Nash's Autograph Book" on the front. Hubby complimented me on them so I thought I would share.
Anyway, we drove to beautiful Del Mar, paid to park, paid for tickets, paid for food, paid for fun, paid for junk, etc. But, it was cool. Nash got autographs from Matt Latos and Heath Bell (again) from the SD Padres. But, sorry Matt and Heath, the highlight was meeting three women from the AAGPBL. That's the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League. These ladies were the real thing. Straight out of A League Of Their Own! Chloe got autographs and pictures and they were so sweet to talk to us for a while.













You can learn more about them and the charm school book they were required to read at the official website. Chloe and I read bits of the manual. It was....interesting.

Then we stopped by the Farmer's Market, mmm kettle corn, and since it's only steps away from the shore, I decided to snap some pictures. I have to tell you, I really love to be able to reach for my Droid and end up with some really decent pictures.


















We lucked out that night when Grandpa said he would come and babysit for us. Hubby and I had been trying all day to get Joan Rivers tickets. Craigslist had nuthin. Ticket Master zilch. Box office nada! We figured we go downtown anyway and see if we could get lucky. We show up at the box office and ask if they have anything available. The kind gentleman says all he has for two seats together are in the fourth row. Ummm, yes we'll take them! And they were $150 cheaper than the only guy on Craigslist who had any and said "I just sold them." So there it was, dinner and show. Joan is hilarious. And old as dirt. I don't know how she has so much energy?? She was so animated. Like a real life cartoon character, if that were possible. I totally had to sneak this picture for you guys, that's why it stinks so bad, I tried though.                                                             
Grandpa spent the night and had breakfast with us in the morning. We had kind of a Lazy Sunday, as I wasn't feeling tip-top. I took a nap and felt so tired while I was napping that I literally felt like I didn't have the energy to move. Is that normal? We ended with watching the Golden Globes and the first Harry Potter movie. Chloe just finished the book and hubby and I hadn't seen any of the movies. I know! So we had family movie night.

Have a great rest of your weekend, and let's not forget why we have the day off tomorrow.

signature2

5 comments:

Megan said...

Okay, first of all, 80 degrees?? WOW! That's amazing!! I love those little old women! How adorable are they??? : )

Velva said...

Seriously, 80 degrees? I live in Florida and I am not accomplishing those temps (sigh). Actually, it has been wicked cold.

Sounds like you had a fun evening.

Cheers.
Velva

Sue said...

It was 75 degrees here yesterday, and is supposed to be the same today:) Perfect. Sounds like you had a fun and fabulous weekend, Lil! I'm glad to see that you were able to get a babysitter(one of the best:))and enjoy Joan Rivers after all! Look how many new followers you've added this year~Woo Hoo!
Go DODGERS! :)

Martha said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!
Love your blog. I want to make one of those wine bottle lamps :-)

Darcy said...

awwww Del Mar, so beautiful! nice pics on the cam too!