Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rain, Rain, Stay! I want Rainboots from Signals!

Well it's not going to be a white Christmas here in San Diego, but it sure is a wet one! I thought we might just float away last night. Some may hate this weather, but it sure is a nice change, it really sets the mood. I just love wrapping presents and watching Christmas movies with a soft blanket, the glow of candles and the Christmas tree is so relaxing. Some of our favorite movies are Miracle on 34th Street (the classic version), and Olive The Other Reindeer, with Drew Barrymore. Give me a nice cup of cocoa, spiked with some Baily's and I'm in cozy heaven! It's so much better than our typical 80 degree Christmas's!

I was leaving one of my favorite bloggers  a message, when I saw this ad on her site for what looked like some super fly cowgirl boots. I was intriqued and I clicked on the ad. It took me to a place called Signals. Ever heard of it? I haven't, and let me just say, they have super cute stuff! Those cowgirl boots get even better. They're rain boots! Just what I need. I can't bring myself to buy them right now, it's the season of giving, not buying for myself afterall. I also have on my list a cute Lauren Conrad blazer from Kohls, if any hubby is listening, hint, hint. Just kidding. We aggreed not to exchange gifts this year, and I'm fine with that, it was my idea.
























I've been super busy with holiday of course, we are hosting a Christmas Eve dinner with my brother and his family, and a Christmas dinner here with cousins. I also do a Christmas breakfast spread so I'll be in the kitchen a lot over the next few days. I'm praying I don't burn my prime rib roast, that would be so wasteful and sad! I've also been working on a new blog for Nash. It was supposed to be a Christmas present, but I really wanted the design to be his vision. Since he helped so much I just let him start it. We launched on Dec. 9th and he has about 6 posts. I moderate all the posts and comments and since I'm also his "manager" I have to make sure it gets to all the right people. Those include sports news anchors, radio personalities, MLB managers, etc. So if you know anyone in the Major League Baseball world or sports world, I would love to get in touch with you!

If I don't post again before Christmas, have a Merry and safe one! I'll leave you with my view of the wet, windy, foggy, cold weather outside...



















signature2

3 comments:

Red Couch Recipes said...

Hi, they say where I live that if it is raining in So Cal, that we have mositure soon -- and we do! I wish it were snow although I have to travel a bit today. I am going to check out Olive the Other Reindeer. I have the book, but haven't seen the movie. Those are fab boots -- great for this weather. Have a wonderful Christmas. Joni

Sue said...

Lil, I'm with you on the rain...bring it on! :)Such great baking weather, and so cozy! I'm sort of sad that it has dissipated:( Those rain boots do look like a lot of fun! I love to watch "Miracle on 34th Street" every Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lil!!! XO Sue

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Those boots are so cute!